If you are a student who is in the final term of the psychiatric nursing education program and who has started, or is about to start, the final practicum of the program, you must establish eligibility for registration with the CRPNM prior to applying to write the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Registration Examination (RPNCE).
Establishing eligibility for registration involves:
- completing an application form
- providing proof of identity (birth certificate and picture identification)
- providing documentation for any and all name changes
- providing a criminal records check, that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search, that is current within 6 months. Winnipeg residents click here; Brandon residents click here. If you live outside of Winnipeg or Brandon contact your local RCMP detachment.
- providing a Child Abuse Registry and an Adult Abuse Registry check that are current within 6 months
- submitting a processing fee of $52.50
- confirmation of program completion from Brandon University (download this form, fill out Section A and forward to BU. This will authorize BU to provide confirmation to the CRPNM directly)
The requirements for initial registration are identified in Section 5(1), of the Registered Psychiatric Nurse Regulation.